Kaykat Al-Andalus (Al-Andalus cake) Strawberry Cake
Strawberries are a fruit, that has a beautiful bright red color and sweet taste. You can make this cake for Mothers, Fathers, Valentine’s day, and birthdays, it is very delicious and easy to make. I made this cake for my daughter’s birthday and it was gone in less than 3 minutes. I hope you would enjoy it as much as my family did. I called this sweet dish kaykat Al-Andalus (Al-Andalus cake). Al-Andalus was also called Muslim Spain; it was governed by the Muslims between 711 and 1492 and they used a red-colored flag as their state symbol. The rulers during this period led the kingdoms into the rise of cultural exchange, peace, and collaboration between Muslims, Christians, and Jews. The Caliphate of Córdoba led the Al-Andalus to be the guiding light of learning, and it became one of the leading economic and cultural centers. The greatest and most advanced achievement of the present time in learning information has come from Al-Andalus for example, trigonometry, astronomy, pharmacology, and many more. Some fun facts about red color, red is a good luck color in Chinese culture, Some Chinese brides wear red wedding gowns. In Indian culture is a symbol of purity and red is used in many wedding gowns. Nutrition information about Strawberries, it contains vitamin C, manganese, and essential unsaturated fatty acids. Few studies show that eating strawberries will decrease cardiovascular disease risk and anticancer properties. Eating strawberries would lower the rate of hypertension, and lower blood LDI and cholesterol levels.
- 1 ¼ cup sugar
- 1 cup of butter
- 3 eggs (separate yolk and white)
- 2 cups flour
- 3 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup cold water
- ½ squeeze of orange juice
- 1 orange zest
- 3 tablespoon Honey
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 8 oz whipped cream
- 3 Ibs strawberry
- 5 tablespoon powder sugar
- In the bowl add the sugar, butter, and egg yolk mix with the electric mixer.
- Add the flour, and the baking powder mix with an electric mixer, and blend all the ingredients together.
- Add cold water, orange juice, orange zest, honey, and vanilla extract blend all the ingredient together with the electric mixer.
- Whip the egg white: the best way to whip the egg white is by having a copper bowl, if not then a metal or glass bowl. Do not use a plastic bowl, because plastic interferes with beating the egg white and it would not work. I always use a metal bowl to make sure there is no water and the bowl is very dry. Add your egg white and with an electric blender whip the eggs until they become very stiff.
- Add the egg white to the cake mixture, do not blend, fold the egg white into the cake mixture by using a spatula.
- 2 around Cake Pan 9 inches, or you can use 2 heart shape pan 9 inches. Separate the cake mixture in the two-pan and put it in the heated oven for 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Let it cool completely.
- Cut the green top of the strawberries and slice them add the powder sugar and blended them together.
- Take one of the cake layers put it on a decorative plate or any plate then add the whipped cream and strawberries, then put the second layer on the top of the first layer add whipped cream and strawberries on top. With a butter knife cover the side of the cake with whipped cream and add strawberries.